The Coats lions club was chartered in February of 1971. It had 81 original members. As of today there is only one of those members that is still an active part of the club. The club built the little league ball park in the early 80`s. The Coats Lions Club is still very active in helping to keep the park in operation. The park is now named the Coats Little League Park. Concession stands were built with bathrooms and underground sprinkler system was installed along with lights. One of their major projects is Coats Farmers Day. During the event the club feeds between 1200 -1500 people. They also have a Lions Club Birthday Calender which is enjoyed by people in the community. A scholarship given each year in honor of M.O. Phillips to a student at Triton High School.
The club meets at Ron’s Barn the 1st and 3rd Mondays 7:00pm of each month.