Saturday, April 14
• Arrive between 8:30 a.m. – 12 noon to help spruce up the Lions Cottage and surrounding grounds
• Campus cookout at 12 Noon with all cottages.
• Remain after the cookout to help with other campus projects
Come and spend time with the Cottage Boys, learn about the Homes needs to serve these children and enjoy a day of fellowship.
Optimist Cottage 400 Flemington Drive Lake Waccamaw, North Carolina 28450
Lions may arrive as early as 8:30 a.m. The cookout lunch will be served at 12 noon with all the children on campus. Following lunch, work may continue for those who are able to stay around. Work projects include:
– Painting three small buildings on campus.
– Spread pinestraw around the Lions Cottage.
– Spread pinestraw around the Chapel.
– Trim some bushes.
– Powerwash the sidewalk around the Cottage and beyond. (The cottage itself does not need to be powerwashed.)
– Scrub clean the white fence near the Lake.
– Cut out scrub vines growing within the bushes.
– Deep cleaning inside the cottage.
– Shovel out the sand that has accumulated on the driveway.
– Blow off the driveway.
We could use some extra clippers, a couple of shovels, and a power washer.